The Hotspot asset is an advanced image asset. It allows the content designer to place clickable hotspots within an image. You can assign ‘Actions’ to each hotspot so that a task is performed when they are selected. The Hotspot Image asset has the option to set 3 image states (Image, Active & Visited). This enables each hotspot to change once the Learner has interacted with it.
In this example I will use three different coloured versions of the same image.
1. Add a Hotspot Image asset to a content block in your project.
2. On the right hand side of the screen you will see the ‘HOTSPOT IMAGE PROPERTIES’. From here you can add the images to be used in your Hotspot. To add an image click on the 3 dots to the right of the image field
3. This will load a link to your Shared Content folder. From here search for and select the required images
4. Once you’ve added the images to your Hotspot select the ‘Save’ icon in the top right-hand corner of the editor. This will activate the ‘SET HOTSPOTS’ tab in the ‘HOTSPOT IMAGE PROPERTIES’ and allow you to begin assigning Hotspots to the Image.
5. Select Set hotspots
6. This will load the Hotspot Inspector screen
7. Left-click on a hotspot to move it over the target area in the image. You can re-size the hotspot so that it covers the target area
8. Add more hotspots using the Add button in the bottom right-left corner of the Hotspot inspector screen
9. To add an action to a Hotspot, left-click on the hotspot and select the Set actions tab in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
10. Add the required action(s) to the hotspot using the Add action and select Update actions
11. Once all actions have been added to the hotspots select Apply in the bottom right-hand corner of the Hotspot inspector screen
12. When you select each Hotspot, the action associated with it will be carried out
Related Theme Settings
HOTSPOT IMAGE ASSET BACKGROUND: Global Settings > Backgrounds > Screen content columns
HOTSPOT IMAGE SUBSCREEN BACKGROUND COLOUR: Global Settings > Backgrounds > Sub-screen