The following guide details the process for adding subtitles (closed captions) to your videos in gomo.
In order to add subtitles to a video you will require a VTT file.
What is VTT? > WebVTT (Web Video Text Tracks) is a text file designed to provide subtitles or captions for video content
There is an example VTT file attached to this support guide which you can edit and use.
The following screenshot is an example of how a VTT file looks;
1. Edit the content & timings in the VTT file to allow text to appear at the time of your choosing.
2. You can add additional lines of code to the VTT if required.
3. Open your gomo project and select the video asset.
4. On the right hand side of the screen you will see the VIDEO PLAYER PROPERTIES
5. Select the 3 dots in the Closed Captions section to load the File Selector
6. If you have uploaded your VTT to your Shared Content folder then search for the VTT filename using the 'Filter' option
7. Alternatively, select the 'Upload' tab. From here you can either drag and drop the file into the Drop field OR search for the file on your machine by using the 'Select file' option
8. When you preview the project select the Subtitles icon and Click 'british english'. This will enable the subtitles for that video