The Featured Page is the go-to place for users to stay up-to-date on new, important, and popular resources. The page showcases the most viewed resources on your platform and the most recent resources in your most important containers—all customizable by administrators. Users will only be able to see resources that they already have permission to view, all others will automatically be hidden.
The Featured Page has 4 parts:
1. Featured Resource
A single video showcased at the top of the page. Clicking play opens the resource in the Resource Player where users can navigate chapters and make comments. If a user does not have permission to view the resource that is set as 'Featured', nothing will appear in that area. Only one resource can be Featured at a time.
2. Trending Resources
The most viewed resources of the week, month, or all time on your platform. These can be filtered by the date ranges in the top right.
3. My Subscriptions
All the individual resources you have subscribed to will be displayed here. Only individually subscribed resources will be displayed, entire containers will not.
For more information about subscribing to resources, check out our Subscriptions guide.
4. Most Recent Resources in a Container
A collection of the most recent resources in each featured container. These resources can be displayed in list or carousel view and will automatically update as new resources are added to the container. Featured Containers are set by platform administrators and similar to the Featured Resource, these will only display based on the user's permissions.
All Content Page
You can think of the All Content Page as your Resource Library. This is where you will find all of the resources on your platform organized into containers. You’ll come here to find, upload, edit, and create resources and containers.
Users will only be able to see the content they have permission to view, all other content will be hidden. Keep in mind that your platform may look different from the screenshot below because of different styling, fonts, colors, images, etc.
Containers are used to organize all of the content on your platform, similar to folders on a computer. All of the content on your platform is housed within these containers, starting with the top-level containers found on your All Content Page.
Think of your platform as a hierarchy with the top-level containers on top of the chain, and more specific containers nested inside. The number of videos/eLearning resources and containers each container can house is unlimited so the organizational possibilities are endless.
For more information about creating and editing containers, check out our Creating Content guide!
Tips & Tricks for a Container
Above is a guide to a standard container page where content lives. Keep in mind that you may not see all of these buttons since they are controlled by permissions.
1) Breadcrumbs -- These will show you which container you are in and the path through the platform to get there. They can also be used to navigate backwards to previous containers in the path or back to the All Content page (by clicking the House icon)
2) Container Statistics -- These statistics will show you the total number of nested containers within, total number of videos nested within, and total amount of views for all content within the container.
3) Sort By -- This will allow the user to sort by in either descending or ascending order the content by Alphabetical, Content Type (container/video/elearning), Number of Comments, Number of Favorites, Number of Views, Date Created, Number of Subscriptions, Length, Trending in the Past Week, Default Order.
4) Video Icon -- This icon shows that the resource is a Video resource.
5) eLearning Icon -- This icon shows that the resource is an eLearning resource.
6) Subscribe and Favorite Icons -- Using this ribbon, the user can Subscribe to a container, video, or eLearning resource. For more information about subscriptions, see our Subscriptions article. There is also an option to 'Favorite' a resource within this ribbon.
7) Container Icon -- This icon shows that the resource is a nested container that could contain more videos, eLearning resources, or even more nested containers.
8) Statistics -- For videos, these statistics will show the number of views, video length, number of comments, and number of favorites. For eLearning resources, these statistics will show number of views, number of favorites, and number of comments. For containers, these statistics will show number of views, number of resources, and number of nested containers.
9) Card View/List View buttons -- These buttons allow the user to view the container contents in either Card view (shown above) or a List view which appears like a tree of all nested content that can be expanded.
10) Floating Action Button -- This button will only be available if the user has the appropriate permissions, Within here the user will find actions to create content.